Accommodation in Mallorca
There are numerous accommodations on Mallorca to provide the many holidaymakers with a place according to their wishes. Depending on your wishes and what type of vacation you are, you can choose between different types of accommodation . Hotels, fincas and other holiday homes and holiday apartments as well as unique Airbnbs – there is something for everyone here.
Hotels and apartments in Mallorca
With the many different hotels on Mallorca nothing to be desired. If you come to the island to party, a cheap hotel on Ballermann , in Cala Ratjada or in Magaluf is the ideal choice. Those who prefer accommodation in a quieter location should choose a hotel in smaller towns and in the interior of the island. For many, a hotel on the beach is the only option. If you want to be close to the capital during your break, a hotel in Palma is excellent. Other hotels are available in Alcúdia, Cala Millor, Porto Cristo, Cala Major and many other places and cities.
If you are not a fan of hotels, club complexes or resorts, there are many different holiday apartments to choose from on Mallorca . Here you can enjoy a lot of privacy and you don’t have to share anything with other holidaymakers. The finca is the special type of holiday home on Mallorca. Generously proportioned fincas, directly by the sea or in the middle of the beautiful Mallorcan landscape with their own pool, exude the perfect flair. There are plenty of holiday apartments and holiday homes on Mallorca that promise you a great break on the Balearic island. But be careful, these accommodations are in great demand!
Rental cars in Mallorca
Exploring Mallorca by rental car is a completely different type of vacation. You can experience all the highlights of the island in a very short time, you can decide where you want to stay longer and where you end up afterwards. You can explore the entire island flexibly and in this way find places that you would never reach by bus. You can book a rental car for Mallorca before your vacation . Find a suitable vehicle from the rental car providers and you don’t have to worry about anything on site. Alternatively, you can rent a car when you arrive on the island. However, it can happen that the vehicle you want is not available and you have to inquire about it from another provider. No matter how you do it: a rental car in Mallorca is a good decision!
Markets in Mallorca
The Balearic Island is known for its numerous markets . In almost every city and in every place there are weekly markets with fresh fruit, vegetables and other foods. You will also find numerous flea markets on Mallorca, where you can find great souvenirs for those who stayed at home or for yourself. Different markets take place in Mallorca every day of the week . You can find a selection for each weekday here:
- Monday : Biniamar, Caimari, Cala Millor, Calvià, Lloret de Vistalegre, Manacor, Montuïri, Santanyí (flea market), Sollér
- Tuesday : Alcúdia, Artà, Campanet, Can Pastilla, Es Pla de na Tesa, Llubí, Marratxi, Paguera , Palma (L´Olivar, Santa Catalina, Pere Garau), Pina, Porreres, Portocolom, Santa Margalida
- Wednesday : Andratx, Capdepera, Felanitx, Petra, Port de Pollença, Santanyí, Selva, Sencelles, Sineu, Vilafranca de Bonany, Colònia de Sant Jordi (noon)
- Thursday : Ariany, Campos, S´Arenal, Consell, Inca, Pòrtol, Sant Llorenç de Cardassar, Ses Salines, Sant Joan, Lloseta, Deià
- Friday : Alcúdia, Alaro, Algaida, Arenal, Binissalem, Cala Ratjada, Can Picafort , Llucmajor, Maria de la Salut, Pont d´Inca, Son Servera and Sa Cabaneta
- Saturday : Búger, Bunyola, Cala Ratjada, Campos, Costitx, Esporles (first Saturday of the month), Palma, Santanyí, Sollér, Santa Eugènia, Santa Margalida, Son Fusteret (2nd hand flea market),
- Sunday : Alcúdia, Consell (flea market), Felanitx, Llucmajor, Marratxi (flea market), Muro, Pollença, Porto Cristo, Santa Maria del Camí, Sa Pobla, Valldemossa
Party in Mallorca
You can do a lot of things on the Balearic Island, but one thing comes before many others: Party on Mallorca! The high season for extravagant days and nights begins in April. During this time the clubs and bars are open and welcome their guests for happy hours with lots of alcohol. There are many party strongholds on Mallorca, one of which tops the hit list: El Arenal . Here you can find the Ballermann . The party mile on Schinkenstrasse includes the Megapark , Upper Bavaria and the Bierkönig . Here you can party until you drop. Another keyword when it comes to partying in Mallorca is Magaluf . Most of all, the party-mad Brits can be found here.
Activities in Mallorca
In Mallorca you can do more than just lie on the beaches and enjoy the sun. Make your vacation varied with various activities on Mallorca . You will get to know the Balearic island with all its beautiful facets. Explore the underwater world while diving and sniff the sea air while sailing . Surfing is really sporty. There are numerous hiking and trekking routes for exploring the landscape . There is a lot of variety ahead of the possible activities on Mallorca. Decide what you want to do and inform yourself before your trip in order to be well prepared.
Good food is part of a good vacation. Many influences from other countries shape the food on the island. According to aristmarketing, the Mallorcan cuisine is hearty and rustic. Fresh ingredients are an important part. Vegetables from the region such as tomatoes, aubergines and cabbage can be found as ingredients in many dishes. Olive oil is usually used for frying . Lamb and rabbit as well as fish and seafood are present in many dishes. If you want to eat typical Mallorcan food, look out for the following dishes:
- Pamboli : bread with olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and salt. The Mallorcans eat it as a snack. In many restaurants you can order pamboli as a starter.
- Pa de Figa : bread made from figs, aniseed and aniseed liqueur. Served with coffee or aniseed liqueur, you can enjoy it as a snack.
- Sopa Mallorquin : hearty vegetable stew with bread and meat. Soups and stews are typical of Mallorcan cuisine. There are many variations: with seafood, fish, vegetables and many other ingredients.
- Tumbet : vegetable dish that is eaten as a starter , main course or side dish. It consists of potatoes, eggplant, peppers, zucchini and onions.
- Empanadas Mallorquinas : dumplings with a hearty or sweet filling. The fillings of the pastry consist of mushrooms, vegetables, meat, seafood and everything that is suitable for it. The pastry specialty is particularly popular during Easter.
- Torro : Mallorcan almond cake.